Thursday, October 15, 2009

Welcome to Me

So... my very first blog. Honestly, I am surprised it has taken me this long to start one, I'm very opinionated and talk a lot. Perfect candidate for a blogger no? Well I thought I'd start with an intro to me so you don't feel like you are reading about a complete stranger (although if that's your thing... que sera sera)
Probably the first thing that comes to mind when you ask any of my friends about me is that I love swing dancing. If I am not studying, eating or sleeping,
I'm probably dancing. I feel happiest when I am on the dance floor and I live for the music. It's an unexplainable
feeling, but it makes me feel free. No one tells me what to do or how to do it, I am completely in control of my dance, unlike pretty much everything else in my life. It's like an addicting drug I guess. 
What else.... I am a Florida Gator, although sadly I just don't enjoy football. I'd rather watch the band's half-time show :) 
I am an Entomology and Botany duel-major. Basically, I really like insects. They are extremely diverse and people could definitely take a lesson from some of them. 
I wish people could love more. What is the point in hating somebody? I just don't understand it. So what if someone has a different outlook than you? Who cares if there race, color or creed is not the same as yours?
When it all boils down, both of you are human and both of you have no reason to hate each other over petty differences. I hope that someday a person can be judged solely on their ability to perform rather than their personal beliefs, or the physical appearance.
I have two kitty's. They are absolutely adorable. Jasmine is laying on top of my feet as I type this and keeping me warm. Ultra cute...
Lola is the older cat and she is very fat. But I love her anyway. She sleeps on my belly all night. Kind of annoying since she is 12lbs, but I'll live :)
I really love food. More than I probably should! Italian food, indian food, and cereal. Yes, cereal. Best invention ever! 
Well, that's all I have time for right now. Unfortunetly, I have to start studying for my Chemistry test. *sigh* Chem is just not my thing...
I will try and leave you all with a quote that I like to think about. We'll play a game. Leave a comment about whether or not you agree/like/etc. it. Oh, and the best way to get to know me is to ask questions :) See y'all later!

"All I want for the world is to leave it better than when I entered it"

1 comment:

  1. Impassioned appeal to be at peace. That was nice!
    I have a blog too which you could see if you like http://ratnaabhishek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete